[BioC] Analysis of Affymetrix Mouse Gene 2.0 ST arrays

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Thu Mar 7 16:06:50 CET 2013

Hi Kamila,

On 3/7/2013 9:54 AM, Naxerova, Kamila wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am afraid I have to ask for help with the Mouse Gene 2.0 ST annotation package one more time. It looked like I created it successfully, but when I try to use it to read in cel files with the oligo package, I get a cryptic error message. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

You don't use the annotation package at this step. There are two
packages that are used for the analysis of this chip type. The first is
the pd.mogene.2.0.st.v1 package, which is used by oligo to map probes to
probesets when doing the normalization/summarization step. This package
will be automagically installed if you don't have it, so there is
nothing to be done at the first step but

abatch <- read.celfiles(list.celfiles())
eset <- rma(abatch)

This will give you the summarized and normalized data at the transcript
level. You then will normally fit some model(s) using the modeling
package of your choice, and then might want to output a set of
significant genes, at which time you will use the
mogene20sttranscriptcluster.db package to map probeset IDs to gene
information.

Best,

Jim