[BioC] Visualization of metabolic network in lpSolve format

Denis Kazakiewicz d.kazakiewicz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 01:35:49 CET 2013

Hello Paul

Sure.
Example of file format  is in the attachments

For example, acetate in cytosole appears as a result of two reactions
with IDs AckA and TX_ACUP
The stoichiometries of these reactions are
ACTP + ADP ? AC + ATP
AC[e] + H[e] ? AC[c] + H[c]
where [e] means extracellular space and [c] means cytosole

The corresponding line in the attached file is
  AC_c) 1 AckA 1 TX_ACUP = 0 ! acetate

ACTP is consumed in one reaction above (AckA). Therefore stoichiometric
coefficient for this reaction will be -1.
ACTP is produced with stoichiometric coefficient 1 by reaction with ID Pta
ACCOA + PI ? ACTP + COA
So, corresponding line will be
ACTP) -1 AckA 1 Pta = 0 ! Acetyl phosphate

The aim is to convert data to simple undirected graph. From the example
above vertices AC_c and ACTP should be connected via edge AckA.

With bets regards
Denis