[BioC] make check with Biobase 2.18.0

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 8 21:23:20 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Nigel Horne <nigel_horne at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>> > Can you send your sessionInfo()?
>> >
>> > My guess is your version of R is too old--Biobase 2.18.0 requires R 2.15.
> Ah, OK, this is R2.14.  I was wondering if I needed something more recent.  Updating here would be a large undertaking so before I start could I get a 'yes you definitely need R2.15'?

There is a version of Biobase that works with R 2.14.
You should probably get that version. This page links to the package
pages for that release (which contain version numbers at the bottom):

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.10/BiocViews.html#___Software

But as Martin says, it's really not recommended to install packages in
this way.
You want to make sure that all your packages are from the same
Bioconductor release so they will work with each other. Mixing and
matching packages from different releases is a sure recipe for
problems.

Dan