[BioC] QuasiSeq vs DSS

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 12 18:11:25 CET 2013

Dear Ryan,

	Thank you for your response.
3 questions:
1. If I had just a simple pairwise comparison is it known DSS or QuasiSeq better?
2. I was unaware that an approximate implementation of QuasiSeq was available in
edgeR. If so, is it known hor  it compare to the ordinairy EdgeR on the one hand and the
full QuasiSeq on the other.
3. And I guess that the third question is for Gordon - Is using DSS and QuasiSeq (or EdgeR) together
desireable and if so, are there plans to incorporate DSS into QuasiSeq (EdgeR).

My note was planning ahead. I will still be in the microarray world for a more few weeks
before I return to learning RNASeq. I wanted to know what the best practice is.
If you (or anybody out there) develops a script to meld the two methods, I am sure that
it would be interesting to the list.

Best wishes,
Rich