[BioC] Gene symbol update.

Jinyan Huang jhuang at hsph.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 16 06:58:52 CET 2013

Marc,

A little problem. When I modernize old gene symbols, some of them are
not exited.

e.g.

select(org.Hs.eg.db, keys = c("9-Mar","5_8S_rRNA","384D8-2"),
cols="SYMBOL", keytype="ALIAS")$SYMBOL
Error in .select(x, keys, cols, keytype, jointype = jointype) :
  keys must be of the same keytype as the actual keytype

For these old gene symbols, I want to return the same. The output I
hope are as follow. Because I have a long list.

ALIAS            SYMBOL
9-Mar             9-Mar
5_8S_rRNA   5_8S_rRNA
384D8-2        384D8-2