[BioC] 5000 nodes RCytoscape

Paul Shannon pshannon at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 22 01:16:06 CET 2013

(Summarizing to the bioc list so the record will be complete.)

Your 5000-node, 6000-edge graph transmits from R to Cytoscape in less than 20 seconds.  Layout takes a bit longer.  All this works reliably up-to-date versions of the packages -- yours are quite old!  This crucially includes Duncan Temple Lang's XMLRPC_0.3.0.  which just reached Duncan's OmegaHat website.

   http://www.omegahat.org/XMLRPC/

It should be picked up soon, and automatically, along with everything else you need, via our standard mechanism:

   biocLite("RCytoscape")

A slightly condensed and somewhat improved version of your application code (creating the graph, sending it via RCytoscape) is included below.

Please let us know how this works.

Cheers!

  - Paul