[BioC] edgeR asimmetry in miRNA experiment

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed May 1 01:12:54 CEST 2013

No, the unbalanced sample numbers will not cause edgeR to give asymmetric
DE results.

Quite the opposite.  Since, miRNA results are expected to be globally
assymmetric, I would expect edgeR to be under-stating rather than
exaggerating the assymetry.

BTW, please upgrade to the current release of R, Bioconductor and edgeR.

Best wishes
Gordon