[BioC] Course: Intermediate R / Bioconductor for High-Throughput Sequence Analysis, 28-29 May, Seattle

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed May 1 19:29:07 CEST 2013

Bioconductors! Please join us for an intermediate course on use of R /
Bioconductor for high-throughput sequence analysis, a brief outline of which is
below.

More Information: https://secure.bioconductor.org/Seattle-May-2013/

Intermediate R / Bioconductor for High-Throughput Sequence Analysis introduces
users with some R experience to common Bioconductor work flows for sequence
analysis. The course involves a combination of presentations and hands-on
exercises. Our starting point is BAM files created by aligning short reads to a
reference genome. Topics include: exploratory analysis (GenomicRanges,
Rsamtools); assessing differential expression of known genes (DESeq); detection,
calling, and manipulation of variants (VariantTools, VariantAnnotation). We
learn how to integrate results with curated gene and genomic annotations
(GenomicFeatures), and to visualize results (GViz, ggbio).

See you in Seattle,

Martin
1100 Fairview Ave. N.
PO Box 19024 Seattle, WA 98109