[BioC] Analyzing technical replicates with DESeq2

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed May 1 20:39:39 CEST 2013

Dear Michael
I second Ryan's advice.

Rationale: unless there is a catastrophic data quality problem, then the variability from the technical replicates only reflects the (more or less Poissonian) counting noise, and is appropriately taken care of by just adding the counts. The counting noise is small compared to the biological variability for all but the  genes with the lowest counts, say below ~200.

OTOH, if there is a catastrophic data quality problem, then it's better to just drop the affected sample / lane / library.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang