[BioC] XML package - 500 internal server error

Maciej Jończyk mjonczyk at biol.uw.edu.pl
Mon May 6 13:13:09 CEST 2013

Hi all,

are XML package available?

I've tried to install it from varius mirrors and it still fails,
giving error '500 Internal Server Error'.

I need it to install GEOquery and ArrayExpress. Installation of these
packages failed because of XML package instalation failure.

In fact I'm not able to download XML_3.96-1.1.tar.gz or any other
version from cran.

I've downgraded R from version 3 because
in  that version installator printed error - XML isn't available for
that version of R.

I'm working on openSUSE 12.3

Here is my sessioninfo.
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
Platform: x86_64-suse-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=pl_PL.UTF-8      LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=pl_PL.utf8        LC_COLLATE=pl_PL.utf8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=pl_PL.utf8    LC_MESSAGES=pl_PL.utf8
  [7] LC_PAPER=C                LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C              LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=pl_PL.utf8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

[1] Heatplus_2.4.0

Error itself

Instalowanie pakietów w
‘/home/zea/R/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu-library/2.15’
(ponieważ ‘lib’ nie jest określony)
próbowanie adresu URL
'http://r.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/src/contrib/XML_3.96-1.1.tar.gz'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
   nie można otworzyć adresu URL
'http://r.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/src/contrib/XML_3.96-1.1.tar.gz'
Dodatkowo: Komunikat ostrzegawczy:
In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
   nie można otworzyć: uzyskany status HTTP to '500 Internal Server
Error'
Ostrzeżenie w download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available =
available,  :
   pobieranie pakietu ‘XML’ nie powiodło się

Best Wishes,

--
Dr Maciej Jonczyk,
Department of Plant Molecular Ecophysiology