[BioC] Affymetrix US Rice Gene Strip 1.1

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Thu May 9 13:56:31 CEST 2013

Dear Nick,

Jim has already told you how to build the annotation package for use
with oligo.

For xps you need the same library and annotation files from Affymetrix
that Jim has listed. Then you could do the following to create the
'scheme' file for the RUSGene array:

library(xps)

# directory containing Affymetrix library files
libdir <- "/Volumes/GigaDrive/Affy/libraryfiles"

# directory containing Affymetrix annotation files
anndir <- "/Volumes/GigaDrive/Affy/Annotation"

# directory to store ROOT scheme files
scmdir <- "/Volumes/GigaDrive/CRAN/Workspaces/Schemes"

# create scheme file for RUSGene-1_1-st-v1:
scheme.rusgene11stv1 <- import.exon.scheme("rusgene11stv1", filedir =
file.path(scmdir, "designtime"),
                         file.path(libdir, "RUSGene-1_1-st_rev2",
"RUSGene-1_1-st.clf"),
                         file.path(libdir, "RUSGene-1_1-st_rev2",
"RUSGene-1_1-st.pgf"),
                         file.path(anndir, "ModelOrganisms",
"RUSGene-1_1-st-v1.design-time.20130417.probeset.csv"),
                         file.path(anndir, "ModelOrganisms",
"RUSGene-1_1-st-v1.design-time.20130417.transcript.csv"))

However, since the annotation files are design-time files they are
missing some header information which is usually included and checked by
xps. Thus currently you need to add two lines to each header file.

For RUSGene-1_1-st-v1.design-time.20130417.probeset.csv you need to add
the following two lines to the header (order is not important):
#%netaffx-annotation-netaffx-build=NA
#%netaffx-annotation-data-type=probe_set

For RUSGene-1_1-st-v1.design-time.20130417.transcript.csv you need to
add the following two lines to the header (order is not important):
#%netaffx-annotation-netaffx-build=NA
#%netaffx-annotation-data-type=transcript_cluster

During the weekend I will upload an updated version 'xps_1.20.2' to
Bioconductor so that correction of the design-time annotation files is
no longer necessary.

Best regards,
Christian