[BioC] Accessing old versions of bioc packages

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Tue May 14 00:15:08 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Julian Gehring
<julian.gehring at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>

>> No, the binaries are not kept.
>

> Would it be feasible to keep them?

I'll ask other members of the Bioc core team to weigh in here with
their opinions.

> I'm thinking of cases in which I want to reproduce the results of someone
> else.  CRAN stores all versions of older packages in its archive.

CRAN also does not have version control, so there is no way to
retrieve older packages other than their archive.

Note that CRAN's archive only contains source tarballs, not Windows or
Mac binaries, so if you want to reproduce results on one of those
platforms, you still may require install-time dependencies.

Dan