[BioC] Working with non-type strain annotation

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu May 23 23:48:40 CEST 2013

Hi Thomas,

Have you looked at the makeOrgPackageFromNCBI() function in the
AnnotationForge package?

library(AnnotationForge)
?makeOrgPackageFromNCBI

It is sometimes useful for cases where you have less common organisms.
However, in your case it might not work since there is a chance that
even NCBI may not have annotations available for your organisms.  If
that is the case, then you would have to do some more custom work
(depending on what information you actually do have).

   Marc