[BioC] Differential expression testing for groups with unequal variances/dispersions?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat May 25 13:28:39 CEST 2013

Hi Ryan,

edgeR can't.

voom can, but you have to put it together partly yourself.  Just fit voom
to each timepoint separately, then cbind the voom output objects back
together.

Or else just proceed in edgeR as if the dispersions are equal across
timepoints.  This will be conservative but won't give false positive
results.

Best wishes
Gordon