[BioC] unimart web Service not available

Kathrin Otte [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Mon May 27 12:20:08 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

since this weekend I can't no longer connect to uniprot Biomart services via biomaRt (which worked pretty fine before) receiving the following error:

> uni <- useMart("unimart",dataset="uniprot")
Fehler in useMart("unimart", dataset = "uniprot") :
  Incorrect BioMart name, use the listMarts function to see which BioMart databases are available

In fact, unimart is missing from listMarts(). I tried with R 2.14.1 and biomaRt_2.10.0 and also R 3.0.1 and biomaRt 2.16.0 leading to the same result.

Any suggestions what is going on?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Kathrin

 -- output of sessionInfo():

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.14.1 (2011-12-22)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=de_DE.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=C                 LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] biomaRt_2.10.0

[1] RCurl_1.95-3 XML_3.95-0.1