[BioC] GoSeq error!

Nadia Davidson nadia.davidson at mcri.edu.au
Thu May 30 12:26:24 CEST 2013

> Hi all,
>
> When creating pwf I encounter this type of message:
> > pwf <- nullp(genes, "hg19", "ensGene")
> Error in qr.R(qrx) :
>   could not find symbol "..." in environment of the generic function
>
>  I have tried to take a look into the matrix and it's basically composed of
> Ensembl IDs and 1-0 values accordingly to differentially
> and non differentially expressed genes.
> > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
> locale:
> [1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8
>
> Thanks!!!
> Emanuela

Hi Emanuela,

A few other people have reported this same issue to me, but despite
my best effort I have not been able to reproduce it. Some people have
reported that it goes away if you upgrade to R versions 2.15.3 or 3, so
if you can upgrade, I would suggest trying that. Let me know if this
either does or doesn't help, or if you find out anything else about this error.

Cheers,
Nadia.