[BioC] Error to import Data Affymetrix

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Fri May 31 17:00:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

I think the fix is quite clear, your error message says:

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Auger Steven [guest]
<guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:
[snip]
> But we meet the next problem :
> << affy <- read.affybatch("name_data.CEL")
> Erreur dans read.affybatch("name_data.CEL") :
>
> The affy package is not designed for this array type.
> Please use either the oligo or xps package.

that you should be using a different package to process the data from
the arrays you are working, namely the oligo package, or the xps
package (these are both bioconductor packages, so you can install them
in "the normal way")

I guess you are not using the normal/traditional expression arrays
(the 3' biased ones) -- maybe you've got exon arrays, or something
else?

Read through vignettes of the oligo and xps packages to see which one
suits you best and go with that one.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou