â SequenceAnalysisDataâ is not available

John [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Mon Nov 4 01:50:16 CET 2013

Hi,

I am trying to install the package 'StatisticalComputing2013' (course material from the October 2013 course on "Introduction to Statistical Computing with R and Bioconductor".

I downloaded the tarball from
http://www.bioconductor.org/help/course-materials/2013/Akron-Oct-2013/StatisticalComputing2013_0.3.1.tar.gz

and used the shell command

R CMD INSTALL StatisticalComputing2013_0.3.1.tar.gz

to install the package.

This gives me the error message:

ERROR: dependency ‘SequenceAnalysisData’ is not available for package ‘StatisticalComputing2013’

I found the download statistics on of the ‘SequenceAnalysisData’ package at

http://bioconductor.org/packages/stats/bioc/SequenceAnalysisData.html

but it also says "Note that SequenceAnalysisData doesn't belong to the current release or devel version of Bioconductor anymore."

I have tried to find the 'SequenceAnalysisData' package in the archived versions of Bioconductor and elsewhere online, but so far not avail.

Does anybody now where this package could be found?

Thanks!

John

 -- output of sessionInfo():

R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.