[BioC] DEseq for chip-seq data normalisation

Giuseppe Gallone giuseppe.gallone at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 11:46:00 CET 2013

Hello Sheng

I have had biologically interesting results when selecting overlapping
peaks between replicates using the IDR. I first call peaks with MACS2 or
SPP, using a very loose q-value threshold, and then pass these to the IDR.

However, in my experience this works fine between pairs of aligned read
files. If you have many samples, my experience reflects Lucia's:
plotting an overlap function and then, based on the overlap behaviour,
choosing a minimum number of carriers for each peak position (in my case
2-3) works well to create a consensus peakset.

Regards
Giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Gallone, PhD