[BioC] High intensity probes might cause problems

Aileen Chefai aileen.chefai at helsinki.fi
Wed Nov 6 17:52:33 CET 2013

Hi,

I am currently processing Infinium HumanMethylation450K BeadChips.
While looking for all the necessary steps I read the paper 'A
comprehensive overview of Infinium HumanMeththylation450 data
processing' by Dedeurwaerder et al. There they say that one should
exclude high intensity probes from the analysis as they might cause
problems. Unfortunately, I could not really get how they define 'high
intensity' - whether there is a certain cut-off in terms of a
percentile or an actual value. Did anyone exclude these probes during
preprocessing yet and could give a hint how to determine these 'high
intensity probes' or tell me whether it is useful?

Thank, kind regards,
Aileen