[BioC] Unable to load xps...

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Thu Nov 7 15:20:02 CET 2013

Dear Bas,

I am glad to hear that you succeeded in compiling ROOT and xps. The
warnings are ok, the compiler settings on Mac result in much more
warnings than on Linux or Windows, see:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/xps/perceval-checksrc.html

I do not know why you need to type 'root.exe' on the Mac (as far as I
remember, this happened to me long time ago but I am not sure why):
Did you run '. bin/thisroot.sh' after 'make'?

I hope that you can now run xps w/o problems, otherwise I would
recommend to use root_v5.34.05, which I have tested and is known to work
for many Mac users. (I did have problems with a later version of root on
my Mac, but I did not yet test v5.34.11)

Best regards,
Christian