[BioC] Limma and pre processing Agilent single color arrays

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Nov 10 11:31:46 CET 2013

Dear Amanda,

The short answer is that limma takes all the parameters that it needs from
the Feature Extraction output.

I can't give you any more specific answer, because there is no output
produced by the Agilent Feature Extraction software called a "flag
measurement parameter".  limma allows you to access and use any column of
information produced by Feature Extraction, but you need to know the name
of the parameter that you want to use.

Generally you should not need to access anything other than what limma
reads automatically.  Agilent arrays are usually good quality, and the
limma procedures are robust, so agonising over outliers (if that is what
is worrying you) is not usually necessary.

Best wishes
Gordon