[BioC] agi4x44kpreprocess: `GEhelp` and `Treatment` variables

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Fri Nov 15 19:22:27 CET 2013

Hi Stephen,

First, please don't take conversations off-list. We like to think of
the archives as a searchable repository, and if conversations go
private then that usefulness is diminished.

On Friday, November 15, 2013 1:02:28 PM, Stephen Hwang wrote:
> Mr. MacDonald,
>
> I appreciate the response. The reason why I was so drawn to the
> Agi4x44Preprocess was because it automatically generates files for
> GSEA (Broad Institute's application). My goal is to pipeline
> everything through R so there is no need for manual inputs into the
> application. Do you have any experience in preparing this data?

If you want to pipeline everything through R, then why are you trying
to prepare data to use outside of R? There are any number of ways to
perform GSEA type analyses from within R. You could use for instance
the GSEABase package with GSEAlm or Category, or you could do
substantively similar things using limma, with the romer or roast or
camera functions, all of which can be easily added to your pipeline.

I don't personally have any experience preparing data for the Broad's
application, so I can't be of much help other than pointing out that
you can always grab the code for gsea.files and modify it to suit your
input data.

Best,

Jim

--