[BioC] ExpressionSet error message: "featureNames differ"

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Sun Nov 17 08:19:56 CET 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Jobin K. Varughese <jobinv at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Eventually he also was unable to get past the error message, but could
> provide the following: *"The shRNAset object is basically an expression set
> (Eset) and the methods are inherited from that (including the error
> message)."*
>
> The error is reproducible with the sample files that I've attached
> (compressed with 7zip). I have also attached the output from sessionInfo()
> and traceback().
>
> Can anyone advise me as to what might be the problem? I would be very
> grateful indeed.

The list scrubs most all attachments (except for maybe PDFs (of a
certain max size), I think), so your attachments did not come through.

You'll have to put the files somewhere that people can access them.

If you do not have access to any public webspace/ftp/whatever, you can
simply use Dropbox to share files/folders publicly.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Computational Biologist