[BioC] DESeq: normalizing additional sample to already normalized set of samples

Dorota Herman dorota.herman at psb.vib-ugent.be
Thu Nov 21 12:24:54 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding normalization for a library size in DESeq. I
have a set of samples, which I had normalized with a function
estimateSizeFactors. Is there an option to normalized an additional
sample with respect to normalized previously set of samples. I know that
in the normalization in EdgeR treats a first sample as a reference by
default. How can I do it in DESeq?

regards
Dorota

Dorota Herman, PhD

VIB Department of Plant Systems Biology, Ghent University
Technologiepark 927
9052 Gent, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)9 3313692
Email:dorota.herman at psb.vib-ugent.be