[BioC] exon genomic coordinates

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 21 23:40:33 CET 2013

On 11/21/2013 02:21 PM, array chip wrote:
> Thank you Michael. I got an error message when running:
>
>> library(Homo.sapiens)
> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'GO.db', details:
> Â  call: get(name, envir = asNamespace(pkg), inherits = FALSE)
> Â  error: object '.setDummyField' not found
> Error: package ‘GO.db’ could not be loaded

I'm guess that you're using a mac and R-3.0.0

You'll need to either update your R to the current release R-3.0.2 or install
the software needed to build R packages from source and update all of your
packages using type="source". It's easier to update your R, so I won't provide
instructions for the latter.

The problem is that a backward incompatibility was introduced in the methods
package going from R-3.0.0 to R-3.0.1. The incompatibility means that the
Macintosh binaries we (Bioconductor) build with the current R only work with
versions of R after the incompatiblity was introduced. So you either need to use
a current R, or build the packages yourself.

Martin