[BioC] snpStats/GWASTools conversion

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 3 20:49:40 CEST 2013

Hi Shmuel,

There is currently no direct conversion from SnpMatrix to GenotypeData.
  You can write your own script to create a NetCDF file from a SnpMatrix
object using the ncdf package, or use one of the following workflows,
which require creating an intermediate file:

1) write your SnpMatrix object to plain text using write.SnpMatrix, then
import the text files to NetCDF using ncdfCreate and ncdfAddData (see
the "Data Cleaning" vignette for an example).

2) write the SnpMatrix object to plink format using write.plink, use
plink to convert bed/bim/fam to ped/map format, then read the ped/map
files with plinkToNcdf.  (Unfortunately plinkToNcdf does not currently
read bed files, only ped files.)

with any follow-up questions, and use an informative subject line.

best wishes,
Stephanie