[BioC] Genbank accession annotation?

Hans-Rudolf Hotz hrh at fmi.ch
Fri Oct 4 09:26:51 CEST 2013

Hi Ed

For this particular EST sequence, you find the annotation in UniGene.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/unigene

If you have many such EST sequences, I recommend to download the UniGene
file:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/repository/UniGene/Homo_sapiens/Hs.data.gz

and do some horrible parsing (with your favorite parsing language).....

For "R28020", you will get:

ID          Hs.369017
TITLE       RAB2A, member RAS oncogene family
GENE        RAB2A
CYTOBAND    8q12.1
GENE_ID     5862
LOCUSLINK   5862

SEQUENCE    ACC=R28020.1; NID=g784155; CLONE=IMAGE:133972; END=3';
LID=271; SEQTYPE=EST

Regards, Hans-Rudolf