[BioC] blast probe clusters when using Affymetrix Gene Array Strips

Joao Sollari Lopes j.sollari.lopes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 12:11:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am using Zebrafish Gene 1.1 ST Array Strip, I have found some
transcript clusters that are differentially expressed but are not
annotated (although they belong to the "main" design of the array). I
would like to blast them, but I am not sure what to blast as each
transcript cluster has various probes associated. Should I blast them
all individually? I have read about "probe set target sequence"
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2004-March/004250.html),
but I am not sure if it applies to the Gene Array Strip. If it does, how
can I obtain these sequences?

Thanks,
Joao
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia