[BioC] problem with creating array annotation package

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 11 23:23:52 CEST 2013

Hi Guido,

So Chinese Hamster is not supported with a schema etc.  I actually have
plans in the works to generalize things so that organisms that have not
been supported in the past can start to be supported in this way, but
1st I have to make the code that generates the org packages more general
and robust.  You are correct that the problem is that internally the
code is expecting a schema to be present in AnnotationDbi (and that
knows based on a field in the metadata which schema to use).  In your
case, there is no schema and the metadata is pointing to the wrong
schema as well (and thus also to the wrong org package).

I have an idea for a way you might be able to hack this to make it
partially functional.  Send me a separate email if you are interested in
trying this.

   Marc