[BioC] DESeq2 : when the variable of interest is not a factor

Peterson, Leif LEPeterson at houstonmethodist.org
Thu Sep 12 01:04:01 CEST 2013

Try looking at independent component analysis, which is like PCA of qualitative data.  However, multivariate methods for MDS type methods and many other scales (nominal, continuous, etc) were developed quite deeply by Jan Deleeuw and colleagues many years ago.  A software package called LISREL for structural equation modeling (sem) is yet another approach which may have been expanded to cover hidden constructs for categorical factors.
Sent from my iPhone