[BioC] installing bioconductor

Warren Pettitt warren.pettitt at arizonachristian.edu
Wed Sep 11 18:22:04 CEST 2013

I first want to thank those responsible for such a great open source
module.  I cannot seem to download it at work.  The error message I get
is:

Installing package into 'C:/Users/warrenp/Documents/R/win-library/3.0'
(as 'lib' is unspecified)
trying URL
'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/Bi
ocInstaller_1.10.3.zip'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open URL
'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/Bi
ocInstaller_1.10.3.zip'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '0 (nil)'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,
:
  download of package 'BiocInstaller' failed
'biocLite.R' failed to install 'BiocInstaller', use
  'install.packages("BiocInstaller",
  repos="http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc")'

In R I did change the "start in" property to a folder on my desktop.

I have tried using the install.packages message at the end of the error
message and I get this message when I do that:

Installing package into 'C:/Users/warrenp/Documents/R/win-library/3.0'
(as 'lib' is unspecified)
trying URL
'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/Bi
ocInstaller_1.10.3.zip'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open URL
'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/3.0/Bi
ocInstaller_1.10.3.zip'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '0 (nil)'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,
:
  download of package 'BiocInstaller' failed

I have tried the FAQ sites and it may be there but I have not found help
for this error message.  Thanks again for all your work on this open
source site.

Dr. Pettitt's website

Dr. Pettitt's website