[BioC] plot methylation figure for end analysis

Alex Gutteridge alexg at ruggedtextile.com
Thu Sep 12 10:32:05 CEST 2013

On 12.09.2013 08:25, Gia [guest] wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to ask if anyone experienced with creating figures from
> BS-Seq methylation data for end analysis of genes (or any genomic
> features), like what was presented in the following link:
> http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v39/n1/fig_tab/ng1929_F4.html
> It would be appreciate if you can show how to create this kind of
> figures using any Bioconductor packages.
> Cheers,
>
>  -- output of sessionInfo():
>
> None
>
> --
> Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.

> Search the archives:

I've only skimmed through that paper but that figure isn't showing
BS-Seq data as far as I can see - it's showing the results of an array /
IP based approach to methylation quantitation. BSmooth is one of the
best packages I've found for manipulating BS-Seq data. If you get your
data in there you could derive analogous statistics (i.e. methylation
levels) pretty easily. Then any of the base plotting functions will give
you similar graphs.

--
Alex Gutteridge