[BioC] Gviz - Plot genes and data from - strand (3'-5') in 5'-3' direction

Robert Ivanek robert.ivanek at unibas.ch
Thu Sep 12 15:14:17 CEST 2013

Hi Dominik,

You can achieve that by changing the strand in corresponding track
objects. You did not provide any code so I can only suggest a solution
based on example from vignette:

library(Gviz)
from <- 65921878
to <- 65980988
knownGenes <- UcscTrack(genome = "mm9", chromosome = "chrX",
                        track = "knownGene", from = from, to = to,
                        trackType = "GeneRegionTrack",
                        rstarts = "exonStarts", rends = "exonEnds",
                        gene = "name", symbol = "name",
                        transcript = "name", strand = "strand",
                        fill = "#8282d2", name = "UCSC Genes")

## by running ploTracks now you can see that some gene(s)
## are on minus strand
plotTracks(knownGenes)

## change the strand of knowGenes (which is UcscTrack object)
strand(knownGenes) <- "+"

## by calling the plotTracks again you can see all genes
## are now on plus strand
plotTracks(knownGenes)

Best
Robert