[BioC] Gviz - Plot genes and data from - strand (3'-5') in 5'-3' direction

Hahne, Florian florian.hahne at novartis.com
Mon Sep 16 12:57:30 CEST 2013

Ok, so the inflection point would be the edge of the currently displayed
region? And I assume that you don't really want to rotate everything, do
you? Still not convinced that this fits into the Gviz world which is quite
intimately linked to genomic coordinates. One thing I could see here is to
control the plotting direction for everything, I.e., plot all features in
a 3->5 direction, however that would not help in those cases where there
is a mixture of features on both strands.
We do need some sort of reference to place track elements, and within one
track I do not see how this reference could be e mixture of 5->3 and 3->5
directions. If just being able to control the plotting direction for a
given track solves the issue for you I would be willing to implement that.
Florian