[BioC] aCGH telling me to run find.hmm.states before merge hmm.states even though I have.

Dan Du tooyoung at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 15:34:02 CEST 2013

Hi Cian,

If you look closely, in the first call, you missed something and you
should always operate on the same object.

hmm(aCGH) <- find.hmm.states(aCGH)

In your case aCGH.hmm only keeps the returned value of the function, but
the original object aCGH was lost. So the error tells you mergeHmmStates
can not find the $hmm slot of the object. hmm() or hmm.merged() is
merely a setter for some specific slot of the aCGH object.

So please follow the code exactly in the vignette unless you know what
is going on behind the scene.

HTH,
Dan