[BioC] unexpected voom! / limma contrast inconsistency

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Fri Sep 20 20:51:55 CEST 2013

Hi,

Gordon recently answered a request of mine to split out limma's
design-matrix-reparametrizing logic into a separate function, which he
added under the name "contrastAsCoef":

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2013-September/004652.html

This function takes a design matrix and a set of N contrasts and
returns an equivalent design matrix where those contrasts are now the
first N coefficients in the design matrix.

Maybe you could use this to reparametrize your design matrix prior to
lmFit so that you never have to use contrasts.fit.

-Ryan