[BioC] installation packages

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Tue Sep 24 18:34:50 CEST 2013

Hi Fran,

Please keep all emails on list (hit "reply-all") so that your emails go back to the main bioconductor list as well.

In this way you'll have more people able to help you, and others can benefit from our conversations in the future by searching the email archives.

Now:

> I performed this command and I solved the problem only for installation of XML packages, because if I try to perform biocLite for the other packages it results:
> Warning messages:
> 1: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
>   installation of package ‘rtracklayer’ had non-zero exit status
> 2: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
>   installation of package ‘GenomicFeatures’ had non-zero exit status
> 3: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
>   installation of package ‘VariantAnnotation’ had non-zero exit status
> 4: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
>   installation of package ‘gmapR’ had non-zero exit status
>
> This is the same warning message that I had with XML packages. How I can solve it?

You will need to provide more output than that to get help.

You say that after installing libcurl-dev and libxml2-dev on your system, the  XML library install worked in R?

So when you do `library(XML)` inside R, does it load properly?

Can you please provide the entire output when you do:

R> library(BiocInstaller)
R> biocLite(c("RCurl", "rtracklayer"))

Please also include the entire output of sessionInfo() after the above commands fail.

Thanks,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou