[BioC] installation packages

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Thu Sep 26 15:25:23 CEST 2013

Hi Fran,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM, fran vino <biocesca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I do library(XML) inside R, it loads properly, but if I do:
>
> R> biocLite(c("RCurl", "rtracklayer")), it results:
>
> Warning message:
>
> In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
>
> installation of package ‘rtracklayer’ had non-zero exit status

Surely there must have been more errors than these ... please paste in
the entire output you get that includes the errors.

The information you are providing is not sufficient to offer any help.
We need to see the actual errors that are reported during the
installation of rtracklayer, not the notice afterwards that says it
wasn't able to be installed.

At least from the sessionInfo you provided below, we can tell that
RCurl now installs successfully, though.

> R> biocLite(“Genomic Features”)

This command did not produce the errors below, as there is no package
with that name (notice the space)!

Please, load BiocInstaller, then type `biocLite("rtracklayer")` and
then copy and paste *everything* that happens after that.

-steve