[BioC] Query

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Tue Apr 1 08:38:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM, swathi mutyam
<swathimutyam91 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>         Can you please explain what the data should be taken using
> Differential expression using LIMMA Package.

You will have to provide a more detailed question if you want a
reasonable answer.

limma was originally designed to assess differential gene expression
from microarray experiments. If you read through the limma user's
guide, you should get a pretty good idea of the types of data
required:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/limma/inst/doc/usersguide.pdf

The limma::voom function also allows you to perform differential gene
expression analysis from sequencing data.

If reading this plus reading through the user's guide that I linked to
above doesn't answer your question, please be more specific in your
follow up correspondences on this list, as it's not quite clear what
you are asking.

HTH,

-steve

--