[BioC] question about output of edgeR

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Wed Apr 9 20:46:48 CEST 2014

Hi Son,

The logCPM is just the overall log average over both groups. So you
have the logFC, which tells you how different the two groups were, and
the logCPM which tells you the average abundance, which is a way to
assess the signal/noise ratio. In other words, the larger the logCPM,
the more signal you have and consequently the less influence of noise.

Best,

Jim