[BioC] what is the difference between org.Hs.eg.dbGO2EG and org.Hs.eg.dbGO2ALLEGS?

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 11 01:57:03 CEST 2014

Hi Zhishi,

GO2EG doesn't choose terms.  It is the starting annotation. Somewhere
someone decided that certain GO terms describes certain gene products
and GO2EG is the direct result of that.  GO2ALLEGs is derived from
GO2EG.  It starts with GO2EG and then appends all the implicit GO terms
(based on relationships in the GO DAG hierarchy).

Does that clarify things?

  Marc