[BioC] EdgeR: replicated pools, yes or not?

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:49:00 CEST 2014

hi Manuel,

On 04/23/2014 06:42 PM, Manuel J Gómez [guest] wrote:

> Hello,

[..]
> There are some publications dealing with this issue in the context of
> microarrays (for example, Kendziorski et al, 2005, "On the utility of
> pooling biological samples in microarray experiments", PNAS,
> 102:4252) but I have not found anything similar in the context of
> RNASeq and, more specifically, of the analysis of RNASeq data with
> EdgeR.

i believe the RNA-seq counterpart of that article is this one:

Kasper D Hansen, Zhijin Wu, Rafael A Irizarry & Jeffrey T Leek.
Sequencing technology does not eliminate biological variability.
Nature Biotechnology, 29:572-573, 2011.
http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v29/n7/abs/nbt.1910.html

cheers,
robert.