[BioC] WGCNA: labeledHeatmap and verboseScatterplot correlations and p-values are not the same

Sindre Lee sindre.lee at medisin.uio.no
Sat Aug 9 01:40:42 CEST 2014

Hello!

I have used the WGCNA package and found 2 modules which are of interest
for me. I picked out from the labeledHeatmap (which related the module
eigengene with clinical traits). I then selected the modules (one at a
time) and ran the verboseScatterplot function.

For one module its correlation was 0.51, p = 0.01 in labeledHeatmap,
but 0.27, p<0.0001 in the verboseScatterplot.
How can this be?

Thank you.