[BioC] Please help us try out our new support site!

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Mon Aug 18 21:05:39 CEST 2014

Hello!

This is a message to announce the beta test for our new support site.
We hope to replace the regular Bioconductor mailing list with this
site soon and we have imported the past 11+ years of mailing list
discussion into this new site.  If you would like to help us test it
out you can do that by logging in here:

https://support.bioconductor.org

For those of you who have posted to the bioconductor mailing list
before, you will probably want to recover your well earned reputation
from previous posts and answers.  To do that you will need to scroll
to the bottom of the log in page and click the link that says 'Forgot
Password?'.  This should get you started with your mailing list email
address which will already be linked to your previous posts.

And if you have never posted, then you can start a new account from
that same page.

As you explore the beta, you may come across things that you would
like to see changed or that you feel are not working right.  This site
is based on a fork of Biostars, and we ask that you please post such
questions to our github repository for this:

https://github.com/Bioconductor/support.bioconductor.org/issues

We aspire to switch over to this new site in early September, but we are
leaving the schedule flexible depending on how well the beta site
works.  Also: please note that posts made to the new site during the
beta will dissappear after the test period.  We want you to help us
test it, but this is not the live deployment phase quite yet.

I expect there will probably be some other questions about this big
transition. So please ask them as needed and we will try to answer
them the best we can.

   Marc