[BioC] Extract junction reads from bam

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon Aug 18 23:20:49 CEST 2014

If you've already loaded some alignments in your "aln" object, then you can
extract the aligned regions (the exonic parts) with:

exonic <- grglist(aln)

Then, you want to see which read has an exonic region starting at position
X (i.e., X is a 3' splice site), with the extra constraint that there must
be at least one exonic region preceding (so we know there is a splice).

trueForReadsSplicingToX <- any(which(start(exonic) == X) > 1)

That may or may not be fast, but it is simple. Didn't test it.

Michael