[BioC] How can I create a variable with name indicated by argument during function run?

my1stbox my1stbox at 163.com
Wed Aug 20 15:08:31 CEST 2014

Hi All,
How can I create a variable with a name identical to the character value of an argument that I passed to the function ? The following lines doesn’t work. Do I have to text an expression with a combination of paste0(), parse() first, and eventually evaluate it with eval()?

f <- function(Argument.to.carry.the.value.that.I.want.to.use.as.name.of.variable.to.be.created){

 as.name(Argument.to.carry.the.value.that.I.want.to.use.as.name.of.variable.to.be.created)=my.gene.list

}
f(the.name)

Bests,
Allen Chiu

PS: What I really want to do is to create a global variable during the function run, like:

de.limma=function(path_name){
          ……………
  .GlobalEnv$”as indicated by the path_name argument”=de_gene_list
}

2014-08-20
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]