[BioC] genefilter installation error

Subinoy Biswas suny.bio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:21:47 CEST 2014

Please help me I am getting error while installing  genefilter package
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
** testing if installed package can be loaded
* DONE (AnnotationDbi)
ERROR: dependency ‘XML’ is not available for package ‘annotate’
* removing ‘/home/subinoy/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.1/annotate’
ERROR: dependency ‘annotate’ is not available for package ‘genefilter’
* removing ‘/home/subinoy/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.1/genefilter’

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/tmp/RtmpFu8HQT/downloaded_packages’
Warning messages:
1: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
  installation of package ‘XML’ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
  installation of package ‘annotate’ had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, repos = repos, ...) :
  installation of package ‘genefilter’ had non-zero exit status
4: installed directory not writable, cannot update packages 'codetools',
'MASS', 'spatial'
> library(genefilter)

Error in library(genefilter) : there is no package called ‘genefilter’

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]