[BioC] readRNAMultipleAlignmen - filepath

Alyssa Frazee alyssa.frazee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:48:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

My guess is that there is no problem with the path to your file and that
you can put it wherever you want. (Usually if it is a path problem, there
is an error like "unable to open file" or "file not found").

Instead, the problem seems to be the choice of read function: looks like
you used the "readRNAMultipleAlignment" function in steps 1 and 2, but
"readDNAMultipleAlignment" in step 3. The "readRNA" functions don't handle
"T"s in the input file (because RNA sequences contain "U"s instead), and it
looks like you're working with DNA.

Hope this helps,
Alyssa