[BioC] edgeR: fold change reported by exactTest for zero values of rna-seq

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Feb 2 03:56:58 CET 2014

Dear Nick,

See ?exactTest and read the description of the prior.count argument.

For a little more detail, see ?predFC.

Note that division by zero is not undefined in R, it is just infinite
(Inf).  If you run exactTest() with prior.count=0, you will get exactly
that.

Best wishes
Gordon